Aramiro Whenua Trust and Valley Education Ltd have partnered together to deliver NZQA Level 3 Agriculture – Vehicles, Machinery and Infrastructure
To provide our rangatahi with practical skills in the Agriculture sector that are taught and applied on Aramiro Whenua
Course content includes:
- Farm machinery
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Machinery maintenance
- Fencing and hanging gates
Our Rangatahi will learn how to maintain and use farm machinery and also setup and maintain farm infrastructure.
This course will help our Rangatahi to achieve the New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture Level 3
This course is for 15 weeks. Student intakes – Open.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and or enrolments.
Research & Development
Based on the feedback our shareholders and beneficiaries provided at the 2018 AGM on future land uses, diversification options and owner aspirations.
The trusts General Manager Brett Te Whare has been busy working on the below opportunities that will benefit Our Whenua and Our People.
Hyper farm – On farm digital platform
Aramiro Whenua and Ag Research are working together on a Hyper farm digital prototype.
This would give us the ability to
- Visualise and view our base farm and run simulations e.g. planting trees, riparian, orchards, ponds and housing etc.
- View land changes made and their effects e.g. sediment loss, which paddock is more prone/higher risk/higher potential etc
- Value criteria can be added/manipulated – Application of maori values to land
- View 3D form of land terrain and stream overlays
Purpose: To make scientifically informed choices in the use and development of our farm and farm activities
MOU – Memorandum of Understanding in place with Tonkin + Taylor to undertake feasibility studies in the following areas
- Native ecology/repository – A full inventory on what we have in our ngahere, what is at risk and what has potential
- Native nursery establishment – Can we extract and regenerate our ngahere sustainably
- Post harvest options – What is feasible after we deharvest our pine forest
- Future proofing for climate change – energy and water e.g. Solar options and water storage above and underground
Aramiro Whenua have applied to PGF for funding to develop a large scale environmental enhancement programme
This project seeks to:
- Complete fencing and planting of tributaries to the Waitetuna river
- Provide training and employment opportunities for Our People
- Enhance and Protect soil, water and indigenous biodiversity
- Restore the mana and mauri of Our Whenua
This work will be carried out over a period of two years.